Sunday, May 9, 2010

12WC: week 5, part ONE

Finished this page, hurrah!  I'm fairly pleased with it.  I'm still considering changing either the leaves or the grass to a darker, brighter green- they are too close in colour.  However,  I really like the contrast of the yellowish green against the blue sky; more likely that the grass will change.  For the moment, though, I'm leaving it alone and have started work on something else.  That 'something else' is the next two pieces, which will be illustrations for an Arab fairy tale.  I'll post the first (first presentable!) drawings for that within the next couple of days (who knows, I may even post some of the 'unpresentable' sketches- we'll see).

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds! This is a lovely design! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, this piece is gorgeous!

    I love your compostition and your whole style, such different elements of design - awesome work!

    I'm sorry I can't be of more help right now with constructive criticism on your latest posts, things aren't so great right now, I'll be posting about it soon - BUT it looks like it's coming along nicely, I LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete